Comprising over 100 manufacturers in the Geelong region who collectively employ over 10,000 people, stakeholders from government, education and service providers; Geelong Manufacturing Council members meet regularly to highlight, discuss and resolve issues pertaining to manufacturing to promote and support regional economic growth.
To position Geelong as an internationally competitive manufacturing centre in the 21st century. We will achieve this through facilitation and support for manufacturing by:
- Developing and sharing sustainable best practice
- Encouraging the growth of technologically advanced manufacturing
- Promoting a favourable operating environment for manufacturing in Geelong.
To have a positive impact on the sustainability of our local manufacturing industry, ensuring that companies and investors are confident in the future of manufacturing in the region. That in turn will build a vibrant, successful and prosperous regional community.
- Provide leadership and drive funding for projects important to the manufacturing sector in Geelong
- Promote and assist the existing manufacturing industry in Geelong
- Promote Geelong as the preferred location for new manufacturing endeavours based on emerging technologies
- Provide a focus of coordination for diverse manufacturing segments
- Work to improve the linkages between government, manufacturing enterprises and the community
- Lead the implementation of the “Manufacturing Strategic Plan – Building a Sustainable Future”
- Work to link manufacturing with other significant regional strategies through networking and lobbying
- Work with government to facilitate investment in the region through networking and lobbying.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council was established in 1998 through a partnership between the Australian Chamber of Manufacturers (now the Australian Industry Group), the Geelong Development Board and the City of Greater Geelong.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council was set up as a non-political, not-for-profit organisation and is funded by industry partners who wish to promote the region as a dynamic and innovative manufacturing centre, as well as providing manufacturing support and engineering support services to industry members.
The Geelong Manufacturing Council is a non-political not-for-profit organisation funded by industry partners who wish to promote the region as a dynamic and innovative manufacturing centre of the future.
Please refer to the link below for the our most recent Annual Reports: