Support for your business
Businesses in the Geelong region can access support to develop markets for clean technologies, through a partnership between the City of Greater Geelong, the Geelong Manufacturing Council and the state government.
Cleantech Innovations Geelong is a business and industry support program with a vision is to establish Geelong as a Centre of Excellence for cleantech in Australia, by attracting investment, creating jobs and building skills. The program has been operating since 2014, delivering positive economic growth and sustainability outcomes for Greater Geelong.
Funding has been secured to continue providing business support during 2018-2021. The program is in line with Geelong’s designation as a UNESCO City of Design and the community-led 30 year vision for a clever and creative future.
Why is developing clean technologies important to the Geelong economy?
- Clean technology is a growing market with a broad range of opportunities in: renewables, energy efficiency, clean cities, waste management and recycling, water, green buildings, biomaterials, biofuels and stimulating demand for clean technology goods and services;
- For every job created in the cleantech sector, anywhere from 2 to 6 indirect jobs will be generated;
- A clean technology driven economy will allow existing technical services and businesses to expand and diversify their markets;
- Existing eduction and training programs can be expanded to support the market development activities of Cleantech Innovations Geelong.
Key activities during 2018 – 2021
- Bringing new cleantech products to market by stimulating demand and providing grants
- Inviting proposals for large-scale cleantech demonstration project(s)
- Exploring the creation of a cleantech cluster
Outcomes achieved under the 2014-2017 funding