GMC’s Leadership for Manufacturing Excellence Program delivers an average return on investment to participating manufacturing companies of over $300,000 pa. The program is tailored for current and developing business leaders, middle managers and aspiring team leaders. It provides comprehensive skill sets in innovation, lean and leadership and aims to develop the leadership capacity to succeed in today’s manufacturing environment. The program is unique to the GMC, bringing together these key themes through workshops, coaching and applied leadership to an in-house improvement project of strategic significance.
“Great for building leadership skills; gets you out of your comfort zone and gaining results for the business”
The Leadership for Manufacturing Excellence Program is aimed at current and developing business leaders, middle managers and aspiring team leaders. Through a series of facilitated workshops, site visits, one-to-one coaching and peer learning, this program offers a unique opportunity to:
- Enhance leadership skills & personal impact
- Confidently lead teams through change
- Develop a culture of innovation and continual improvement
- Identify and lead the delivery of tangible business benefits
During the program participants can expect to:
- Develop their personal leadership skills to engage teams and achieve better results
- Learn and apply Lean concepts in manufacturing during interactive workshops
- Discover strategies to improve team culture and learn how to facilitate their own teams to develop a performance culture in the workplace
- Identify, plan and lead a business improvement project incorporating Lean methodologies and Leadership Program learnings.
Participants have consistently delivered business improvements, with the average return on investment for participating companies over $300,000.
“A tremendous opportunity for frontline personnel to improve their interpersonal and leadership skills, to learn from other business peers and for building their confidence while engaging in value adding outcomes”
To find out more about the next intake for the Leadership for Manufacturing Excellence Program by contacting the Geelong Manufacturing Council.